Mew (Mewee) @Light Clay
    Max HP+Spe, Rest SpA
    Synchronize
    Timid
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen
    - Hypnosis
    - Psychic

Last edited by Angry Birds on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:22 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Abilities)

Re: Angry Birds' OU

Post  Guest on Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:30 pm

Any description of what they do?
    Maribel Hearn
    The Owner
    The Owner

Title Text : Border Disruption!

Post  Maribel Hearn on Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:26 pm

Sure.

Deoxys-S is obvious; he makes sure I have rocks at the opponent's field (and possibly Spikes). Mienshao is my killing machine, as well as Thundurus. Thundurus also carries a Priority Taunt, and can Volt Switch to send in any counter against the foe's switch-in, just like Mienshao can U-Turn. Mienshao is lastly to prevent Hydreigon from countering the Ferrothorn + Jellicent combo. Ferrothorn + Jellicent is a classic walling combination, since Ferrothorn and Jellicent wall each other's weaknesses very nicely. And my last member Mew is to have Reflect and Light Screen up, since my killers don't have great defenses. Mew can also use Psychic, but yeah.. it's only really useful when it's super effective.

Post  Guest on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:53 am

Natures?
    Maribel Hearn
    The Owner
    The Owner

Title Text : Border Disruption!

Post  Maribel Hearn on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:58 am

The natures aren't very difficult to explain, actually. Most of them are obvious; sweepers need speed, lead needs speed... and Jellicent needs Defense. The reason I chose Brave for Ferry is to get a certain KO, which I actually forgot >_>
    mazzulmaz
    New Derp
    New Derp

Post  mazzulmaz on Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:13 am

Hello there Angry Birds, time for me to rate your team.

First of all, your Deoxys. It has an incredible high Speed stat, so 252 Speed EVs are kind off useless. I recommend you run 4 EVs in Speed and a Timid/Jolly nature. This allows you to outspeed scarfed Pokemon with a speed boosting nature and a base speed stat of 120. You can put the rest of your EVs in HP for some extra bulk. An interesting option is to run Low Kick over Taunt or Psycho Boost. Low Kick hits the all to common Tyranitar lead with 120 Base Power, and thus OHKO'ing, except when it runs a Chople Berry of course. If you run Low Kick, use 252 Att EVs and a Jolly nature to make sure you keep outspeeding those base 120 scarfed pokemon.

Your Mienshao looks fine.

Then, Thundurus. I highly recommend you switch Volt Switch for Nasty Plot. After a Nasty Plot, Thundurus can cause high damage to teams, and with 2 Nasty Plots it is almost invincible. You can also replace Taunt with HP Ice, so you can take on Gliscor, one of the most used pokemon at the moment. Of you encounter one, it will wall you to heck and back without that HP Ice.

Replace Ferrothorns Brave nature with a Sassy nature. It's a wall, not a sweeper.

For Jellicent, I recommend you run Ice Beamover Surf. It's only a bit weaker, but it gives you coverage against Dragons, something that you do not currently have. Also, run Will-O-Wisp over Toxic. Scizor fucks your team pretty bad if Thundurus is down, especially the SD variant. After 2 SD's, or maybe even one when it packs Roost, it can sweep through your entire team with Bullet Punch and Superpower.

For Mew, run Softboiled or Roost over Hypnosis. Hypnosis is a wau to unreliable attack, and if it misses, wich is likely to happen, your opponent gets a free turn wich pretty much sucks. You can also run stuff like Flamethrower or something.

I do see some major issues with this team. Latios, Haxorus, Dragonite, basically any Dragon is a great threat to your team, especially when they are not choiced. LO Hydreigon walks over your team when Mienshao is dead. You do have Ferrothorn to tank those Dragon moves, but you have no solid pokemon to counter them, so the Magnezone + Dragon combo is extremely dangerous to your entire team. Last of all, DD Dragonite can basically blast through your team. Fire Punch for Ferrothorn, and it pretty much resists or stands neutral towards your attacks you throw at it, and heal them off thanks to Roost and its huge bulk.

I also saw you can try to play a rain team, since a lot of your pokemon can make good use of it. Ferrothorn's Fire weak gets somewhat toned down, and Thundurus can use Thunder to sweep.

Oh and Quiver Dance Volcarona kills you hard core.

Well, to solve a nice amounts of the problems stated above, I recommend you to run Heatran over Mew. Mew doesn't really give anything to your team thats very important. Heatran can sponge Dragon hits, and Dragons that throw Water aatacks at it can be absorbed by Jellicent or Ferrothorn. Heatran can hit back with Dragon Pulse or HP Ice, and gives you a strong STAB Fire attack, something that you really need, since you get walled hardcore by Forretress.

Hope this helped a bit.
    mazzulmaz
    New Derp
    New Derp

Post  mazzulmaz on Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:29 am

Oh, little mistake about calculating Deoxys-S speed EVs :P If you run 252 EVs, you outspeed Scarfed base 120's, something that almost never leads out. So yeah, I would just run 252 HP/252 Attack or Special Attack

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:30 am

>reckless mienshao
    No. Just NO.
    Mienshao needs REGENERATOR to succeed. I second mazz too,Heatran/Ferro/Jelli is a fantastic FWG core and you don't need the screens if you're using Thundurus/Mienshao to clean.

Running Specially Defensive (252/252/4) Heatran with Lava Plume/Rest/Sleep Talk/Roar is a good idea for this.
    Ferrothorn wants Relaxed or Sassy.
    Jellicent wants Energy Ba-*shot*. It could do with Will-O-Wisp however to burn physical attackers or Scald over Surf.
    These changes could help this team succeed more as well as counter some of the things that trouble you. Even though you still lose to sand. It would be plausible to use Rotom-W+Scizor or Rotom-W+Landorus etc to help with sand over Thundy+Mien.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven team
    Gilgamesh
    Merpsparce
    Merpsparce

Post  Gilgamesh on Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:30 pm

Wow u use Deoxys-S as a counter pokemon

Post  Guest on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:37 pm

No,AB uses Deoxys-S to get up Spikes/Stealth Rock.

>_>
    Gilgamesh
    Merpsparce
    Merpsparce

Post  Gilgamesh on Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:33 pm

Utsuho Reiuji wrote:No,AB uses Deoxys-S to get up Spikes/Stealth Rock.

>_>

Oh i dint saw that coming :P

*stare at Utsuho*

Post  Guest on Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:29 pm

mfw idiots in forums

<_<

Essej2
    Biferp
    Biferp

Post  Essej2 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:26 pm

You don't use this anymore, so delete this post ;)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:10 pm